Joint Pain

If you’re limited in how you get around, and have reduced range of motion, it might be time to get some help. Redness, swelling, and warmth around the joint are signs you should come see us.

When should I see a pain specialist for joint pain?

Joint tenderness, pain, swelling, and stiffness are all signs you should see a pain specialist. These symptoms can be caused by a variety of factors, the most common cause being osteoarthritis. When your mobility is limited, and your life is consistently influenced by joint problems, come see Dr. Joyal.

What Causes Joint Pain?

In the case of osteoarthritis, the cartilage around the bone wears down, which means the bones of a joint rub together. This causes inflammation and pain. Many millions of people suffer from these problems.

Joint pain can also be caused by an injury that affects the ligaments, bursae, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, or bones within the joint.


Dr. Joyal will suggest conservative treatments to start, such as rest, ice, elevation, and over-the-counter medication for pain. If that doesn’t have adequate effect, steroid injections, nerve blocks, and regenerative medicines become an option.

Get back to living.

Live life more freely, and reduce your reliance on medication.

Call us: (801) 572-1186